- Tuesday 10 am to 7 pm
- Wednesday 10 am to 5 pm
- Thursday 10 am to 5 pm
- Friday 10 am to 5 pm
- Saturday 10 am to 5 pm (Member-only play from 9-10 am)
- Sunday noon to 5 pm
We are closed on Easter Sunday, 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
In the event of inclement weather, closure information will be posted on our website and social media channels.
$9.50 for those age 1 and up.
Pay at the Door or Pay Online
- Tickets are available online until 1 hour prior to the museum opening. Otherwise, you may purchase admission at the door.
- Members: Be sure to create an account in Altru using your email address on file to receive your free admission.
- Reciprocal Members: To use a reciprocal membership from another qualifying museum valid for 50% off admission for up to 6 people, use code ACM. When you arrive, show your qualifying membership card with your ticket receipt.
- Access Admission: To reserve admission at the Access Admission rate, use code access1. When you arrive, show your EBT card (or other public assistance documentation) and a form of ID along with your ticket receipt.
Tickets are transferable but not refundable. To transfer your ticket call 605-692-6700 prior to your scheduled session.
Directions, Parking, Electric Vehicle Charging
We are located in the heart of Brookings’ downtown historic district at 521 4th Street. Get directions to the Museum.
Free parking is available across the street from the Museum entrance. Street parking is available along Fifth Avenue and Fifth Street (north of the Museum).
An electric vehicle (EV) charging spot is available to the public in the south parking lot of the City and County Government Center at 520 3rd Street within walking distance of the museum. Go to the City of Brookings website for more information.
Café Coteau, located in our iconic atrium features delicious breakfast, lunch, and snack options. Breakfast, pasta, salads, wraps, fruits, and veggies, along with SDSU ice cream, are available. The Café is open to the public. Museum admission is not required.
For unique, creative, and educational toys and books, stop by our Museum gift shop Play Central Toys & Books. It is open to the public.
We have a few exhibits that involve water and splashing, bring an extra set of dry clothes.
- A variety of items for guests with sensory processing concerns are available for checkout from the Welcome Desk. Items will be sanitized and disinfected after use. The Adaptive Equipment Toolbox includes:
- Noise-reducing headphones
- Universal cuffs
- Transition timers
- Picture cards with a map
- Wrist/ankle weights
- Sensory vest
- Fidget items
- Sensory brushes
Wheelchair-accessible restrooms, as well as a family room, are located across from the Welcome Desk on the first floor.
Nursing Family Lounge
The Museum is a breastfeeding-friendly business committed to providing a welcoming environment where mothers can sit anywhere in the Museum and Cafe to feed. A private Nursing Family Lounge is also available on-site. See the Welcome Desk for assistance.
What else is there to do near Brookings?
Looking to spend more time in the area? Check out our nearby attractions!