Make a Difference!
Volunteers are essential to our museum team.
The Children’s Museum of South Dakota relies on volunteer support to create a welcoming, exciting and engaging environment where children and adults learn through play.
Our volunteers help us inspire children to learn and grow by providing high-quality learning experiences that last a lifetime.
- Must be 14 years of age or older
- Must commit to volunteering at least 20 hours in a 12 month period
- Submit a completed application form to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Attend a volunteer orientation
- Agree to and pass a background check (if above 18 years of age)
- Museum Floor: interacting with guests and keeping our exhibits clean and tidy
- Programming: helping with classes, programs, and birthday parties
- Cafe Coteau: clearing tables and washing dishes
- Landscaping: keeping our outdoors looking nice
- Special Events: hands-on activities during our special events