The health and safety of the community is our highest priority. Thank you for being a partner in our wellness efforts.
We ask that you do not visit if anyone in your family or group is not feeling well. Following is our operation modifications designed to keep our space as safe as possible:
- Face coverings: Face coverings are recommended in our public indoor setting. Our staff will continue to wear face coverings indoors. Please check our calendar for special scheduled Superhero Playtimes where masks are required for everyone.
- Air quality: Ionization units have been installed throughout the building to clean and disinfect air through needlepoint bipolar ionization.
- Limited capacity: Reservations are recommended and will be made available 2 weeks in advance. To guarantee your playtime, reserve your space online or call 605-692-6700 to order over the phone. Walk-ins will be admitted as space allows. Additional reservation information is available on our Planning Tips + Info page. If you need to change a reservation, call 605-692-6700 or email email@example.com
- Physical distancing: Reminder signage to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from others not in your family or group.
- Sanitizer stations: Sanitizer stations will be made available throughout the Museum.
- Safety features: Plexiglass screens have been installed at our Welcome Desk and Café point of sale.
- Health screenings: Employees and volunteers will undergo a health screening when reporting for shifts.
- Loose parts/toys that travel: The number of loose parts and toys on the Museum prairie has been reduced and our Museum team is trained to remove and sanitize props and loose parts that may need attention throughout the day.
- Cleaning protocols: The Museum and Café have increased the frequency of the already robust cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting practices.
We will continue to closely monitor developments related to the pandemic following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the World Health Organization (WHO), the South Dakota Department of Health, and the city of Brookings and make adjustments to our operations as needed. Thank you for your patience and understanding and helping to keep our community safe!
Museum Memberships Extended
We have extended Museum memberships to reflect the length of Museum closure so members are able to reserve playtime online at no cost. Be sure to create an account in Altru using your email address on file to receive your free admission.
If you choose, you can honor your existing membership expiration date to support the Museum. Contact Mari, our membership coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being a member and choosing to support the Power of Play! If you would like to further support our work to spark imagination and learning, make a donation on our website.
Resources for Children and Families
Following are a few resources to help talk with children about the coronavirus: