The health and safety of the community is our highest priority. Thank you for being a partner in our wellness efforts.
We ask that you do not visit if anyone in your family or group is not feeling well. Following is our operation modifications:
- Face coverings: Following CDC guidance, wearing a mask in indoor public spaces is a matter of personal choice in counties considered to have “low” or “medium” community COVID-19 levels.
- Air quality: Ionization units have been installed throughout the building to clean and disinfect air through needlepoint bipolar ionization.
- Sanitizer stations: Sanitizer stations will be made available throughout the Museum.
- Safety features: Plexiglass screens have been installed at our Welcome Desk and Café point of sale.
- Health screenings: Employees and volunteers will undergo a health screening when reporting for shifts.
- Loose parts/toys that travel: Our Museum team is trained to remove and sanitize props and loose parts that may need attention throughout the day.
- Cleaning protocols: The Museum and Café have increased the frequency of the already robust cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting practices.
We will continue to closely monitor developments related to the pandemic following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American Academy of Pediatrics, the World Health Organization (WHO), the South Dakota Department of Health, and the city of Brookings and make adjustments to our operations as needed. Thank you for your patience and understanding and for helping to keep our community safe!
Resources for Children and Families
Following are a few resources to help navigate conversations with children about the coronavirus and vaccines: