Status: Part-time / Full-time — Flexible to fit internship requirements
Reports to: Café Coteau Manager
In alignment with the Children’s Museum of South Dakota’s mission, vision, and values, the Café Coteau Intern will assist in all aspects of the daily operations of the Café including ordering, food preparation and clean-up, cooking, guest services, catering, event planning, as well as point of sales system and cash management. The ideal candidate is passionate about offering healthy food options and serving guests in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The internship will provide exposure to multiple areas of a food service organization including general operations, guest experience, marketing, and event planning. Specific functions include:
• Gaining exposure in front-of-house operations including welcoming guests, selling food, serving guests, bussing tables, obtaining payment from guest
• Gaining exposure to back-of-house operations including cooking, cleaning, inventory management, food storage, marketing, accounting operations,
• Maintaining a clean and safe environment
• Assisting in the implementation of catering and special events
• Student currently attending college or graduate school in a related field of study
• Communicates effectively and interacts genuinely with people of all backgrounds and abilities
• Shows initiative and can meet deadlines with attention to details
• Works independently or cooperatively as a team
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-traffic, public environment
• Able to use touch-sensitive POS system
• Able to perform physical activities that require the whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Understands and shows commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the Children’s Museum of South Dakota and Café Coteau
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and availability to:
Children’s Museum of South Dakota (Café Coteau)
Attn: Chris Hartman, Café Manager
521 4th Street
Brookings, SD 57006
firstname.lastname@example.org / 605-692-6700 ext. 223
The Children’s Museum of South Dakota is committed to a diverse workplace and offers a competitive wage. EOE
For Fall Internship: Apply by July 1st for full consideration.
For Spring Internship: Apply by November 1st for full consideration.
For Summer Internship: Apply by March 15th for full consideration.