We spark imagination
Mission: The Children’s Museum of South Dakota sparks imagination and learning for all children and their grown-ups through play, creativity, and discovery.
Vision: CMSD seeks to transform the world by inspiring generations to love learning and to believe that life is full of possibilities.
We promote learning
At the Children’s Museum of South Dakota, we promote learning for children of all ages and abilities through interactive, informal, hands-on exhibits and programming.
The museum is a welcoming, fun and entertaining environment that helps spark learning through imagination, creativity, and discovery. Exhibits, both inside and outside, are broad-based to include subjects in science, engineering, art, literature, culture, geography, and history. The Children’s Museum of South Dakota is a place that relates to its region, its community, its children, and their learning wants and needs. It is a place where children and adults learn through play.
Above all else, the Board Members of the Children’s Museum of South Dakota share a common passion and interest in giving children the best opportunities for success in life. It’s this idea that steers the development of the museum’s exhibits, programming, and priorities.
- Playing as a way to learn
- Fostering creativity, curiosity, imagination, and self-expression
- Enhancing a love of nature and caring for the environment
- Fostering relationships between children and their grown-ups
- Appreciating the people, the community, and the cultures of the region and of the world
- Giving back to the community
- Improving continually through innovation and creative problem-solving
- Embracing and welcoming all