Celebrate Dinosaur Day at the Children’s Museum of South Dakota. Visit our lifesize Mama T. Rex and her son, Max! Dig like a paleontologist in our Dino Dig exhibit! Learn about fossils!
Here’s the schedule so far:
- Dinosaur Games, (Party on 1)
- Dino-mite Art (First Floor Art Studio)
- Paleontology Fossil Demonstration and Playtime, 1-4 pm (Dino Dig Pits)
- Prehistoric Playdates, 10 am to noon (2nd Floor)
- Once Upon a Playtime Dino-tales, 1-4 pm (By Mama and Max)
- Dino Yoga, 1 pm and 3 pm (Outdoor Prairie)
- Dino Dance Party, 4-4:30 pm (Outdoor Prairie)
Stay for lunch, too! Café Coteau will be serving:
- Jurassic Pork Sandwich featuring slow-cooked BBQ pulled pork topped with mac-n-cheese, and served on a potato bun
- Dinosaur Sugar Cookies
It will be a great day to celebrate all sorts of fun fossil and dinosaur facts such as:
- The famous Sue the t. rex was unearthed in western South Dakota near the town of Faith.
- A triceratops called Shady was unearthed in 2019 in the Badlands of South Dakota by a group of college students!
- Modern birds are a kind of dinosaur! Check out the “feathers” on our very own baby T. rex Max on our outdoor prairie.
- We will even have some dinosaur jokes! Here’s one …. Q: What do you get if you cross a dinosaur with a pig? A: Jurassic Pork!
Dinosaur Day will be so much fun. We can’t wait for you to celebrate with us!