Make a Difference!
Volunteers are essential to our museum team.
The Children’s Museum of South Dakota relies on volunteer support to create a welcoming, exciting and engaging environment where children and adults learn through play. Our volunteers help us inspire children to learn and grow by providing high-quality learning experiences that last a lifetime.
There are so many ways our volunteers can share their talents and be involved including:
- Hands-on activities during educational programming and special events
- "Behind the Scenes" in our exhibit spaces
- Assisting our guests in Café Coteau
- Landscaping outdoors in our wide open prairie spaces
- Enjoying our guests on our museum floor
If you are over the age of 14 and love to learn, play, imagine, and have fun, then we are looking for you!
- Meet new people
- Explore career opportunities
- Develop new skills
- Give back through community service
- View new exhibits before they open to the public
- Experience unique exhibitions and special events
- Shop with a 10% discount in our museum gift shop during your volunteer shift
How to Become a Volunteer
- Download and complete the Volunteer Application Form
- Send the completed form to the Group Reservation Coordinator
- If accepted, successfully complete a background check and attend volunteer orientation
- Begin volunteering!
Questions? Contact us at 605-692-6700 ext.240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org