Birthday Party Options for 6- to 10-year-olds
Our Big Kiddo Parties are designed to inspire creativity, ignite the imagination, and spark a sense of wonder. Your party facilitator will guide the children through the experience of being an artist or a scientist. All birthday parties at the Children's Museum of South Dakota are led by a facilitator trained in early childhood or elementary education.
Canvas Creations Birthday Party
- Create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece by:
- learning basic painting techniques
- sketching your design
- choosing your color pallet and brushes
- painting your canvas
- taking your piece home as a keepsake
Clay Creations Birthday Party
- Explore clay with us by:
- learning basic clay techniques
- sketching your design idea
- sculpting your masterpiece
- adding a pop of color with underglaze
- firing your creation in our kiln. All pieces will be available one week after the party and must be picked up within one month.
Science Birthday Party
- Explore a variety of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) activities from our Maker Studio.
- Let your imagination soar with aeronautics
- Light up your day with circuitry play
- Use engineering to build your creativity
- Discover the "nuts and bolts" of robotics
- Conquer the coding challenge