Hands-on fun for 3- to 5-year-olds
Our preschool birthday party options are designed for active preschoolers. These playful parties offer hands-on experiences that spark creativity, fuel imagination, and embrace a sense of wonder. All birthday parties at the Children's Museum of South Dakota are led by a facilitator trained in early childhood or elementary education.
Sensational Birthday Party
- Paint with your friends at a large easel.
- Design your own clay masterpiece as a keepsake.
- Use your imagination at Creation Station with glitter paint and play-dough.
- Explore the Sensory Station with three-different hands-on experiences.
- Create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece using a variety of materials at the craft table.
Dinosaur Birthday Party
- Have a roaring good time doing the Dinosaur Hokey Pokey.
- Excavate your own dinosaur egg revealing a baby dinosaur keepsake.
- Be a paleontologist and explore different fossils in a dinosaur dig.
- Meet and play with Kota, our animatronic baby triceratops.
- Feed the T-Rex party game.
- Design your own masterpiece by painting with dinosaur feet.
- Mold your own bones to create a T-Rex fossil.
Science Birthday Party
- Be blown away as you play with our wind tunnel
- Unleash the wonder of science by erupting fizzy bubbles.
- Explore and build with magnets.
- Spark a sense of wonder with our circuit Legos
- Use your creativity to code a path for our Code-a-pillars
- Explore light and color at our light table.