Play, Learn, and Go!
The Museum hosts playgroups, school field trips from preschool to elementary students, homeschool groups, and any group wanting a unique opportunity to learn, play, and have fun!
Whatever your interest – arts and crafts, science, or dino digs - you'll find hands-on learning activities for all ages. We require reservations for visits of 10 or more people and ask that you complete this form and contact our Group Reservation Coordinator for assistance at (605) 692-6700 ext. 240.
The Classroom comes alive at the Children’s Museum of South Dakota! Children will be fascinated and intrigued by the hands-on learning activities in each of the Museum’s seven galleries.
Explore the roles of postal worker, café owner, and mechanic on KidStreet. Learn about the history of prairie life. Discover how people in other cultures live, eat and play. Experiment with sand, water, sounds, and rhythm. Create art. Or go outside and experience the joy of playing on the prairie.
Field Trips are scheduled Tuesday through Sunday. The Museum is closed on Mondays for deep-cleaning and maintenance. For school field trips, youth activities, and church youth groups, the Children’s Museum of South Dakota will honor individual museum memberships. Please provide us with a list of the CMSD members before your visit.
- Accompanying adults are responsible for children at all times.
- We require a ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the museum during regular hours.
- Smoking is not allowed on the museum campus at any time.
- We REQUIRE field trip payments to be one, combined payment and type (cash, check, credit card).
- Access Admission does not apply for group reservations. Scholarships are available for qualifying groups.
Schedule Your Visit
Contact the Group Reservation Coordinator at (605) 692-6700 ext. 240 at least two weeks in advance to make a reservation. Dates and times are subject to availability. PLEASE NOTE: To ensure our guests have a quality, positive learning experience during their visit, the Children’s Museum of South Dakota reserves the right to limit the number of field trip groups per day. Please schedule your group experience early!