Where all the fun is happening
Do you have a passion for helping children learn through play? We are looking for creative and innovative thinkers who inspire kids and kids at heart to stretch their imaginations. We seek individuals with a playful and energetic personality as well as a good sense of humor. An understanding of how children learn and create is a necessity.
CMSD Internships and Employment - We’re All About Fun!
With its playful, creative atmosphere, The Children’s Museum of South Dakota offers exciting internship and employment opportunities. Students gain invaluable experience in various fields including education, guest services, public relations and marketing, administration and human development, food services, and retail. Employees get to work in a dynamic and fun environment. For more information about internships or employment opportunities, please contact Executive Director, Kate Treiber.
Kate Treiber, Executive Director
Children’s Museum of South Dakota
521 4th Street
Brookings, SD 57006
Position: Food Service Employee
Status: Part-time (weekend availability required). Position opened until filled. EOE
Reports to: Café Coteau Manager
Mission: The Children’s Museum of South Dakota sparks imagination and learning for all children and their grown-ups through play, creativity and discovery.
Vision: CMSD seeks to transform the world by inspiring generations to love learning and to believe that life is full of possibilities.
Job Summary: In alignment with the Museum’s mission, vision, and values, Café Coteau food service employees assist in all aspects of the daily operations including food preparation and clean-up, cooking, and customer service. The ideal candidate is passionate about food and customer service and enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Prepare and serve a variety of foods according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Clean and sanitize dining and work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware according to health and safety standards.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Create a positive guest experience by delivering a high level of customer service
- Assist customers using the point of sale computer system to ensure cash management is done efficiently and accurately
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low
- Assist in any area of the café when staffing constraints require
- Must be 18 years of age
- Previous experience in restaurant or hospitality service preferred
- Exhibits effective communication skills
- Able to take direction effectively in a fast paced environment
- Able to use touch-sensitive POS system
- Interacts easily and happily with children, their grown-ups and staff
- Able to perform physical activities that require your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, three professional references and availability to:
Children’s Museum of South Dakota / Café Coteau
Attn: Pouran Borchardt
521 4th Street Brookings, SD 57006